Wed, Apr 17|
Bird & Jim
The Whiskey Summit Whiskey Education Series at Bird & Jim
The Instructors will be Howell F. Wright and Doug Sacarto, editors of the Guidebook to Whiskey and Other Distilled Spirits in Colorado, New Mexico and Wyoming. Bird & Jim will provide snacks and whiskey paired with the course. January 16: Scotch February 20: Bourbon March 20: Rye April 17: Corn
Time & Location
Apr 17, 2019, 6:00 PM
Bird & Jim, 915 Moraine Ave, Estes Park, CO 80517, USA
About the event
Join Whiskey experts Howell and Doug for classes the third Wednesday of each month January-April. Bird & Jim will serve whiskey that corresponds with the course and snacks. Program length, 90 min, ticket price is $50 (this does not include tip or tax). Howell and Doug's book, Guidebook to Whiskey and Other Distilled Spirits in Colorado, New Mexico and Wyoming, will be available for purchase. Learn more at https://whiskeysummit.org/whiskey-blog
January 16th: Scotch
February 20: Bourbon
March 20: Rye
April 17: Corn
Craft publishing will present a “Course Completion” certificate for all students who attend at least three of the four classes.
During the series, we'll explore many topics, including:
• What is whisk(e)y?
• How to nose, taste and enjoy whiskey?
• What are the differences between Scotch, Bourbon, Rye, Corn and Wheat whiskeys?
• How is whiskey made?
• Assembling your own bar and collecting whiskeys.
• How to read bottle labels.
• And much more. Actually, we like to teach to the particular interests of participants, so send me an email if there are topics you wish to have covered: Howell.Wright@CraftPublishing.net
“Keep the wind to your back and a smile on your face.” Howell F. Wright